The main goal pursued is to collect, analyze data on the realities of Romania crematiunii last two centuries, their classification, and formulation of forecasts in the field.
The main methods used will be:
1. Quantitative and qualitative research of cremation in Romania
2. Content analysis of legal regulations on cremtion in Romania (since the interwar period), and theological writings in the field (the reaction in the press the bill specifically religious writings dedicated to the topic)
3. Correlation methods for analyzing longitudinal (time-series research / historical approach, ie analysis in length), with the cross (the analysis of contingent groups, the analysis in width – such as analysis of variations in attitudes that writers and poets to Romanian elite exponeti incineration) .
4. Sociological questionnaire investigation method applied to the population of Romania’s current adherence to the practice of incineration
Theme proposed research project is an absolute first Romanian scientific environment. Interdisciplinary by definition, it requires a team effort coagulation research, offering three different perspectives on it (historical, sociological, theological).
Analysis of cremation as a reality is significant, taking into account that from the historical point of view its reintroduction in modern societies has always been a point of tension in society due to the fact that different patterns were put under discussion, and also the influence/traditional position of the Christian churches. Cremation is a clear sign of modernization, apparently an aggressive one, which gradually underwent a ritualization, meant to cover an initial lack of the symbolic capita.
The main goal pursued by this project is to collect, analyze data on the realities of cremation in Romania over the last two centuries, their classification, and formulation of forecasts in the field.
Specific objectives pursued
1. Analysis of historical realities of cremation in 19th-21st century Romania
2. The analysis of the influence of traditional/religious patterns upon perceptions of cremation
3. The analysis of the actual adherence to cremation of Romanian population